Thursday, October 11, 2007

So the Shiek lives?

The Citi Breakfast Show was quite interesting today.
I.C. Quaye Lives
The 1st interview was a verification of a front page story in the Daily Guide newspaper, to the effect that Greater Accra Regional Minister Shiek I.C.Quaye was well and strong and very alive, contrary to recent media reports that he was very very sick.
The Regional Minister stated emphatically that he had not been sick in the past few months and attributed the "wicked & mischievous lies" about his health to his political detractors.

I then had a quick promotional interview with a young man, Mahmoud Jajah, the CEO & Publisher of a Student Newspaper, called the student observer.
More on this remarkable young man later.

The major issue for the day was a continuation of the crusade on the poor quality of urban roads in the country.
The Department of Urban Roads was represented in the studio of 97.3 Citi FM by its Deputy Director in charge of maintenance, I.K. Mensah, who gave quite revealing answers about why many roads in the capiatal Accra, were in such a bad state.

I'll comment more on his specific responses later , but suffice it to say for now that the gentleman appears to be on top of his job.


My final interview was with the latest entrant into the NPP Presidential aspiration race, Dr Baffour Agyei-Bawuah, Ghana's Ambassador to Japan. He is a quietly articulate gentleman with lots of good ideas, but...

I guess, i'd have to create a podcast of my show on this blog so watch out for this soon.
I'll certainly do this within the month.

No comments: